Since joining the Einhorn Barbarito in 1985, Bonnie Frost has practiced in the family law arena, handling various cases such as divorce, custody, domestic violence, and paternity issues. An approved Supreme Court of New Jersey family law mediator, she handles both court appointed and private mediation. She is frequently called upon to handle family law and appellate arbitrations and to be an expert witness.
Bonnie authored the Women’s Legal Rights Booklets, along with other numerous works in family law, including co-authoring the State Bar, Family Law Section’s Position Paper on Matrimonial Law in 1997. In addition to serving as a member of the State Bar Family Law Executive Committee since 1994, she is also a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney and a Fellow of The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Bonnie has also been involved in the ethics system in New Jersey since 1991 and recently stepped down as Chair of the Disciplinary Review Board, which is the intermediate appellate body for the state wide attorney disciplinary system.
Bonnie is the 2012 Recipient of the Saul Tischler Award, bestowed upon her by the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section. The award recognizes attorneys that have made substantial lifetime achievements and contributions to family law. Most recently, she was selected by the New Jersey State Bar Association as the 2016 Clapp Excellence in CLE Award winner for her work in organizing and presenting seminars for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE) for over 20 years.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Matrimonial Trial Attorney
Honors & Accolades
Bonnie has been recognized by the following:
- “New Jersey Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers, 2005-2019
- “New Jersey Top 100,” Super Lawyers, 2005, 2006, 2014, 2015, 2016-2019
- “New Jersey Top 50 Women,” Super Lawyers, 2005-2011, 2013-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), Family Law, 2016-2019
- “Attorney of the Year” finalist, New Jersey Law Journal, 2016
- “Clapp Award for Excellence in CLE,” New Jersey State Bar Association, 2016
- “Saul A. Tischler Award,” New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2012
- “Top Ten Trial Lawyers,” The National Trial Lawyer, 2012
- “Distinguished Service Award,” New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2011
- Morris County Special Recognition Award for Service, 2006
- Somerset County Commission on Status of Women Award (Law), 2006
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.”
- Fellow, The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers,1997 – Present
- Former Chair of the Family Law Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, 2005 – 2006
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee, 1994 – Present
- Chair, Appellate Practice Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association 2008 – 2010
- Member, Morris County Bar Association, 1985 – Present
- Bisbing v. Bisbing, 445 N.J. Super. 207 (App. Div. 2016); 227 N.J. 262 (2017)
- In re: Adoption of J.E.V., 226 N.J. 90 (2016)
- Quinn v. Quinn, 225 N.J. 99 (2016)
- Reese v. Weis, 430 N.J. Super. 552 (App. Div. 2013)
- J.B. v. W.B., 215 N.J. 305 (2013)
- Clark v. Clark, 429 N.J. Super. 61 (App. Div. 2012)
- Palombi v. Palombi, 414 N.J. Super. 274 (App. Div. 2010)
- Rogers v. Gordon, 404 N.J. Super. 213; (App. Div. 2008)
- Hogoboom v. Hogoboom, 393 N.J. Super. 509 (App. Div. 2007)
- Addesa v. Addesa, 392 N.J. Super. 558 (App. Div. 2007)
- O’Donnell v. Singleton, 384 N.J. Super. (App. Div. 2006)
- Steneken v. Steneken, 367 N.J. Super. 427 (App. Div. 2004); 183 N.J. 290 (2005)
- Overbay v. Overbay, 376 N.J. Super. 99 (App. Div. 2005)
- Heselton v. Maffei, 374 N.J. Super. 184 (App. Div. 2005)
- Comporato v. Schait, 362 N.J. Super. 113 (App. Div. 2003); 180 N.J. 90 (2004)
- Oliver v. Ambrose, 152 N.J. 383 (1998)
- McGee v. McGee, 277 N.J. Super 1 (App. Div. 1994)
- Finelli v. Finelli, 264 N.J. Super. 403 (Ch. Div. 1992)
- JWP v. WW, 225 N.J. Super.185 (Ch. Div. 1990), aff’d 255 N.J. Super. 1 (App. Div. 1992)
- Reinbold v. Reinbold, 311 N.J. Super. 460 (App. Div. 1998)
- Benda v. Benda, 236 N.J. Super. 365 (App. Div. 1989)
- Amicus Brief for American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers: Gnall v. Gnall, 222 N.J. 414 (2015)
- Amicus Brief for the New Jersey State Bar, Segal v. Lynch., 211N.J. 230 (2012)
- Amicus Brief for the New Jersey State Bar, Fawzy v. Fawzy, 199 N.J. 456 (2009)
- Amicus Brief for the New Jersey State Bar: Gac v. Gac, 186 N.J. 535, (2006)
- Amicus Brief for the New Jersey State Bar: Mani v. Mani, 183 N.J. 70, (2005)
- Amicus Brief for the New Jersey State Bar: Fischer v. Fischer, (Co-Author), 375 N.J. Super. 278 (App. Div.), (2005)
- Amicus Brief for the New Jersey State Bar: Weishaus v. Weishaus, (Co-Author), 187 N.J. 131, (2004)
- NJICLE webinar: Privacy in Family Law Cases, 2019
- Family Law Appellate Practice, 2018
- Top 20 Ways to Get Disbarred, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Essential New Jersey Ethics Primer, 2012, 2016, 2018
- Cross Examination for Family Lawyers, 2017
- Evidence for Family Lawyers, 2014, 2017
- Trial and Appellate Brief Writing, 2016
- Privileges, Confidences and Ethics, 2015
- Family Law for Paralegals, 2003 – 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014
- Jurisdiction in Family Law Cases, 2013
- Privacy Issues In Family Law, 2011
- Family Law Symposium, 2004 – 2006, 2009
- Hot Tips in Family Law, 2004 – 2008
- Litigation Forum for Paralegals, 2005 – 2006
- Child Custody Symposium, 2005
- Professional Responsibility, Family Law Institute, 1998
- What is or Should Be the Current Standard in Alimony, Family Law Institute, 1998
- Family Law Institute, 1997
- Federalization of Family Law, 1993
- The New Jersey Divorce Process – Part I
- States Take Action To Protect Children From Forced Marriages
- Does A Term In A Marital Settlement Agreement Where An Alimony Paying Spouse Must Provide Life Insurance Naming The Ex-Spouse As Beneficiary Support An Alimony Obligation Or Not?
- The Appellate Division Reaffirms The Sanctity Of Marital Settlement Agreements
- Don’t Trust Your Divorce To A ‘Robot’
- Where Are The Grandparents? Raising Their Grandchildren!
- Alimony Is Not Forever, So Plan Ahead
- What Triggers The Right To A Protective Order?
- Do You Think Enough Time Has Passed And You Want To Review Your Custody Agreement? It May Not Be So Easy To Do
- “Honey, Here Is An Agreement For You To Sign And, If You Do, Then I Will Stay Married To You. Sound Fair Or Not?”
- Will I Have To Pay For College Expenses For My Children Or Not?
- Do I Have To Pay Child Support While My Children Are In College? Maybe.
- What Is A Family? The Legal Definition Of A Family Has Changed.
- Do You Want A Private Divorce Like Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie? Maybe You Can Have One And Maybe You Can’t.
- Where Are The Grandparents? Raising Their Grandchildren!
- Divorce vs ‘Divorce From Bed And Board’: Could Nancy O’Dell Obtain A Legal Separation In New Jersey?
- You Want My Engagement Ring? It’s Mine! No, It’s Mine!
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt’s Battle For Custody
- What Was Brad Pitt’s “Safety Plan” And Why Did He Have One?
- Your Divorce Will Not Look Like That Of Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie
- Will Tom Cruise Ever See Suri Again?
- Is My Marital Agreement Enforceable?
- A Possible New Avenue Of Relief For Victims of Assault By Non-Family Members
- It’s Not Binding If It Is Not In Writing
- Which Court Decides Custody And Parenting Time Disputes When Parents Live In Separate Countries?
- Domestic Violence Can Happen To Anyone
- Do The Super Rich Have Different Divorces Than The Rest Of Us?
- New Jersey Supreme Court Decides Second Landmark “Special Needs” Case
- Marital Fault Re-Visited: It DOES Still Matter…Sometimes!
- Is Mediation Right For You?
- I Can’t Wait – I Need The Divorce To Be Over Now!
- Can A Woman Who Hasn’t Work Be Supported By Ex While Divorce Is Proceeding?
- Patricia M. Barbarito And Bonnie Frost Featured In NJBIZ Article, “Updating The Letterhead”
- 11 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers In America 2020
- We Are Excited To Introduce Einhorn, Barbarito, Frost & Botwinick, PC
- NJBIZ Covers Einhorn Harris Name Change
- Einhorn Harris Set To Revamp Firm Name
- 2019 Saul A. Tischler Award Dinner
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Frost, Snyder And Troiano To Present NJICLE Webinar Panel: Privacy In Family Law Cases
- Bonnie Frost mentioned in The Atlantic article, “How Divorces Work for the Super-Wealthy”
- Bonnie Frost To Present NJICLE Webinar
- Bonnie Frost To Speak At NJICLE Ethics Seminar
- Bonnie Frost and Ivette Alvarez to Speak at Second Saturday Divorce Workshop
- Bonnie Frost To Speak At Office Of Attorney Ethics (OAE) Annual Training
- Nine Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 Edition Of The Best Lawyers In America©
- Patricia Barbarito, Esq. Receives Women Worth Watching Award from Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Bonnie Frost Receives Amicus Curiae Award from NJ State Bar Association
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Bonnie Frost Featured on New Jersey 101.5
- Partners Bonnie Frost and Mat Nunn to Moderate NJICLE Program on Family Appellate Practice
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Bonnie Frost To Present At Divorce Education Workshop
- Seven Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers In America© 2018
- Barbarito and Frost Selected for Inclusion in the 2017 Best Lawyers® “Women in the Law” Spring Business Edition
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists
- Partner, Bonnie C. Frost Awarded the 2016 Alfred C. Clapp Award for Excellence in Legal Education
- Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers In America© 2017
- Einhorn Barbarito Partners Selected for Lifetime Achievement and Attorney of the Year Awards
- Fifteen Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Argues Case before New Jersey Supreme Court
- Bonnie Frost To Moderate NJICLE Seminar “Evidence for Family Lawyers”
- Bonnie Frost To Moderate Family Law Program For Paralegals & New Attorneys
- NJ Super Lawyers® Magazine Includes 13 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys On Their 2014 Lists
- Seven Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion Into The 2013 Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register Of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
- Bonnie Frost Successfully Defends Client In Her 26TH Published Appellate Decision
- Bonnie Frost Named Chair of the Disciplinary Review Board (DRB)
- Bonnie C. Frost To Moderate Seminar On Jurisdiction In Family Law Cases
- Bonnie Frost and Thomas Snyder Receive Awards From The New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bonnie Frost To Join Distinguished Panel To Discuss Attorney Ethics
- Bonnie Frost Joins Discussion On “Divorce For Those Over 50” In American Law Journal
- Bonnie C. Frost, Esq. to Moderate Family Law Program for Paralegals