Jennie L. Osborne’s practice is devoted solely to family law, where she represents clients in all matters pertaining to family disputes, including divorce, alimony, child support, child custody, and domestic violence. Jennie’s approach with every client is to listen so she can understand the overall context of their legal issue. Gaining a sense of the broader family background, Jennie develops strategies that take into account all factors. She has a knack for developing open, trusting relationships with her clients. Given the emotionally charged aspects of many family law cases, especially when children are involved, Jennie works to create a solid outcome that can withstand future challenges and changes.
One of Jennie’s notable roles was serving as associate trial counsel to former New Jersey Governor James McGreevey in his divorce and custody litigation. The high-profile trial highlighted substantial issues involving joint custody, parenting time, celebrity goodwill valuation and employment evaluation. The entire case was intensely covered by national and local television, radio and print coverage. She gained invaluable experience in dealing with a highly volatile case where much of the legal action was scrutinized and evaluated in the court of public opinion.
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Jennie has been recognized by the following:
- “New Jersey Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), Family Law, 2018-2020
- “AV Preeminent,” Martindale-Hubbell (Internet Brands, Inc.), 2014 – 2017
- “Preeminent Women Lawyers,” Martindale-Hubbell (Internet Brands, Inc.), 2013
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2011 – 2013
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Member, Passaic County Bar Association
- Member, Northern New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court, 2003 – Present
- Jersey Battered Women’s Program (I think this is not the proper name) – volunteer from (I think) 2008 – Present
- Member, Supreme Court of NJ District XI Fee Arbitration Committee, 2015 – Present
- Member, Early Settlement Panel, Passaic County Bar Association, 2004 – 2016
- Member, Domestic Relations Committee, Passaic County Bar Association, 2004 – 2011
- Member, Matrimonial Committee, Passaic County Bar Association, 2004 – 2011
- McGreevey v. McGreevey, Associate trial counsel to former NJ Governor in his divorce and custody litigation in 2008. The case highlighted substantial issues involving joint custody, parenting time, celebrity goodwill valuation and employment evaluation.
- Do New Jersey Courts Have The Power To Restrain A Spouse From Accessing The Marital Residence If The Other Spouse Fears Contracting The Novel COVID-19?
- How Has The Global Pandemic Affected The Already Thorny Issues Surrounding Co-Parenting And Custody Exchanges Between Separated And/Or Divorced Parents?
- New Laws On Cyber-Harassment
- Cyber Bullying
- Cyber-Harassment Added To The Domestic Violence Statute
- Who Get’s The Dogs In A Divorce?
- Back To School Tips For Divorcing/Divorced Parents 2013
- New Law Strengthens The Enforcement Of Premarital And Pre-Civil Union Agreements
- How Do I Find Out If My Spouse Filed For Divorce?
- 5 Back to School Tips for Divorced or Divorcing Parents
- 11 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers In America 2020
- Nine Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 Edition Of The Best Lawyers In America©
- Einhorn Barbarito Counsel Jennie Osborne Authors Article on Cyber-Bullying for the New Jersey Law Journal
- Seven Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers In America© 2018
- Jennie L. Osborne Appointed To The District XI Fee Arbitration Committee
- Seven Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion Into The 2013 Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register Of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
- Stephen P. Haller, Esq. & Jennie L. Osborne, Esq. To Present Seminar: “Divorce Guide A to Z”