New Jersey Estate Planning Attorneys Helping Individuals and Families Plan for the Future
While planning for the disposition of your property upon your death may be an uncomfortable topic, an organized estate plan is one of the greatest gifts that you can leave your family members. Whether you are just starting out or are well past retirement, planning for the inevitable will protect your family and help them get through one of the most difficult times in their lives. Keep in mind that if you die without a will or proper estate plan, your wishes for the distribution of your estate will be given no weight. Instead, your estate will be distributed according to a statutory formula set by law.
The Wills, Trusts & Estates Practice at Einhorn Barbarito is committed to helping people put the necessary plans in place to ensure that their future wishes are properly carried out. Our lawyers assist individuals and families throughout New Jersey, including multi-generational and blended families, with all types of estate planning issues. We also counsel fiduciaries (e.g. executors and trustees) in connection with estate and trust administration matters and represent both fiduciaries and beneficiaries in contested estate administration matters that may, or may not, lead to litigation.
Providing Comprehensive Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Services
At Einhorn Barbarito, we take a comprehensive approach with our clients. Our lawyers are prepared to assist clients with virtually every aspect of wills, trusts and estate planning, including:
- Wills and Trusts Preparation
- Estate Planning, including Living Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Special Needs Planning
- Probate/Estate Administration and Will Contests
- Elder Law
- Generation Skipping Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Private Foundations
Our estate planning lawyers spend a significant amount of time talking with our clients to develop a clear understanding of their wishes and concerns for the future. We also carefully explain the estate and tax laws so that our clients have a thorough understanding of the impact their choices will have on their families. Through our years of experience, we know that every family is unique and that clients come to us with different needs. Our job is to help you explore the different avenues available to accomplish your stated goals. In doing so, we will give thorough consideration to all of the issues you face, and we will work with you to develop a customized plan that is consistent with your objectives.
When contested estate matters arise, we look to provide guidance as to the likelihood of success. We consider all non-litigation settlement options, but we also provide sophisticated representation in the event that a trial is the only option. We are prepared to vigorously advocate on your behalf at every stage of the process.
Choose an Experienced and Trusted New Jersey Estate Planning Attorney
When clients work with our firm, they can trust that they will be receiving representation from an experienced New Jersey estate planning attorney who is well-respected throughout the legal community. All of the members of our practice group hold an advanced legal degree known as an L.L.M. in taxation. Additionally, the partner in charge of our practice has received numerous accolades throughout the course of his career, including being named as a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a prestigious peer-nominated association of the most respected trust and estate attorneys in the country.Print PDF
Wills, Trusts & Estates Blog
- The Lesser Known “Death Tax”
- Does New Jersey Have Jurisdiction When an Estate’s Executor is in New Jersey, the Appointed Agent is in the UK, and the Sale of Real Property in India is in Dispute?
- In the Midst of a Divorce, Consider New Estate Planning Documents
- COVID-19 Alert: Three Major Mistakes Often Made When Drafting Your Own Last Will and Testament
- Special Estate Planning Alert – Call To Action
- Special Estate Planning Alert
- New Tax Law Changes Federal And New Jersey Estate and Gift Taxes
- Probate And Estate Administration In New Jersey
- Why Would A Person Challenge A Will?
- How To Probate A Will In New Jersey
- Estate Planning & Closely Held Business Owners
- Are You Rich Enough?
- Prince Had No Will? Celebrity Or Not, Estate Administration Gets Messy
- Dead Or Alive? How To Rescue Your Divorced Client’s Life Insurance Policy From An ILIT
- Financial & Estate Planning Seminar For The Lgbt Community Post-Doma
- Battle Of The Mall Heirs
- Top 5 Estate Planning Mistakes
- Please Hold Your Applause
- Thoughts on Estate Planning When The Honeymoon Is Over And After The Divorce
- The Lesson Of The Schiavo Case – Prepare A Living Will
- Estate Planning When Mental Capacity Is In Question
- What Is A Living Will And Do I Need One?
- How Do I Calculate The Estate Tax In New Jersey?
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Library Sponsors A Free Seminar On Financial And Estate Planning For New Families
- Can We Allow Our Father’s Wife To Have Condo If He Didn’t Have A Will?
- Estate Planning for the 99%: What the rest of us need to know about Estate Planning
- Presentation Slides: Family & Estate Planning Before, During And After Divorce
- Family Law & Estate Planning Issues Before, During and After Divorce
- My Father Died Without A Will. Is This Going To Create A Family Feud?
- Is Having An Undated Will A Problem?
- Life Insurance Policy Not In An ILIT? Then Consider New Jersey Your Beneficiary
- Estate Tax Changes – A Planning Opportunity
- Reasons To Leave New Jersey That Have Nothing To Do With Reality TV
- George Steinbrenner’s Estate Escapes Taxation
- Battle Of The Mall Heirs
- The New Jersey Inheritance Tax – The Lesser Known New Jersey Death Tax
- Kay v. Kay – Estate of Divorcing Spouse Has Equitable Claim
- Roth IRA Conversion
- Please Hold Your Applause
- Estate Planning for You
- Samantha Rocco Quoted in NJ.Com Article “How can I avoid the inheritance tax for my nephews?”
- Matthew S. Rheingold Quoted In NJBIZ Article, “Walls and Bridges: President Biden’s ‘Build Back Better’ Plan Could Hit The State’s Families In The Wallet.”
- Einhorn Barbarito Featured In NJBIZ Article, “Einhorn Barbarito Elevates Rheingold; Names 2 As Matrimonial Law Co-Chairs”
- Gary Botwinick Quoted In NJ.com Article, “If an executor is uncooperative and hostile, what can I do?”
- Gary R. Botwinick Quoted In Forbes Article, “Organizing Digital Assets – A Life And Death Matter
- Matthew S. Rheingold Quoted In NJ.com Article, “If My Wife Dies, Do I Have To Pay Her Credit Card Bills?”
- Gary Botwinick Quoted In NJ.com Article, “My Ex-Wife Died. Do I Have Rights To Her House?”
- Gary Botwinick Quoted In Kiplinger.com Article, “Estate Planning: A Family Affair”
- Gary Botwinick Quoted In CT Post In “Julie Jason: On Family Partnerships And Estate Taxes”
- Matthew Rheingold Responds To NJ.com Query, “My Parents Won’t Give Me Copies Of Their Wills. What Should I Do?”
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Gary Botwinick Responds To NJ.Com Query, “This Estate Planning Mistake Could Mean Huge Tax Bill”
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Gary Botwinick Responds To NJ.Com Query, “The Rules For Inherited Roth IRAs””
- Einhorn Barbarito Associate, Matthew Rheingold Responds To NJ.Com Query “What To Do With Inherited Bonds?”
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner, Gary Botwinick Responds To NJ.Com Query: “Will My Relatives Owe Inheritance Taxes?”
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner, Gary Botwinick Responds To NJ.Com Query “How To Avoid Inheritance Fight With Neighbor’s Kids”
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Responds To NJ.Com Query “Are Annuities Taxed As An Inheritance?”
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Answers NJ.Com Query Regarding Taxes Owed On Inherited Stock
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner, Gary Botwinick Responds To NJ.Com Query “Can N.J. Tax A Pennsylvania Inheritance?”