Christine M. McCarthy joined Einhorn Barbarito in 2014 as an associate in the personal injury department. Since joining the firm, Christine has been involved in all aspects of litigating cases, including taking cases to trial before a jury.
Prior to joining the firm, she spent two years practicing in Florham Park, NJ where she was involved in the litigation, arbitration and mediation of various civil cases including catastrophic injury, product liability, asbestos litigation, premises liability, automobile accidents and wrongful death.
Christine studied abroad at the Universidad de Antonio de Nebrija in Madrid, Spain. Prior to entering law school, she taught Spanish to high school students at Randolph High School in Randolph, New Jersey. While at Seton Hall, she worked with the Seton Hall University School of Law Center for Social Justice in the Family Law Clinic where she represented clients in a variety of family law matters, including arguing final restraining orders in Essex County Superior Court. Christine also interned in both public and private practice. First, at the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office where she argued municipal appeals and drafted motions on constitutional and criminal issues and then for a small law firm where she assisted attorneys with cases involving civil rights, employment and discrimination. After graduating, Christine served as law clerk to the Honorable David H. Ironson, J.S.C., Morris County, New Jersey.
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Christine has been recognized by the following:
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2020
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Advisory Board for the Law and Public Safety Class at Sussex County Technical School
- Plaintiff’s verdict in a personal injury case where plaintiff was injured as the result of a motorcycle accident, 2017
- Let It Snow– But Keep Your Commercial Sidewalk Clear
- Hit & Run Accidents: What are Your Rights to Recovery for Personal Injury?
- Anatomy of a Personal Injury Case: 8 Steps to Expect in the Process
- What Is The Date Of Accrual When Serving A Personal Injury Notice Of Claim Against A Public Entity?
- Personal Injury And Minors: What You Need To Know About Filing A Claim When A Minor Is Injured
- Personal Injury Litigation And The Role Of Expert Testimony
- “Exceptional Circumstances” Is A High Bar To Meet When It Comes To The Tort Claims Act
- Appellate Division Orders New Trial To Ensure Juror’s Observation Did Not Affect Verdict
- Court Upholds Settlement Based Upon Apparent Authority To Resolve Matter
- Underinsured Motorist Benefits Held Not Applicable
- States Take Action To Protect Children From Forced Marriages
- NJ Supreme Court Finds That High-Low Agreement Supersedes Plaintiff’s Offer Of Judgment
- NJ Workers’ Compensation Judge Rules Respondent Cannot Oppose Payment For Medical Marijuana
- What Are The Costs, Expenses And Fees Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Pitfalls Of Selecting Insurance
Settlements & Verdicts
- Christine McCarthy To Present At The NJICLE’s Seminar On A Primer for Young Lawyers on Depositions
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Einhorn Barbarito Elevates Three To Counsel
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists