Christine M. McCarthy joined Einhorn Barbarito in 2014. Since joining the firm, Christine has successfully represented injured clients through trial, and assisted in reaching several of the highest reported settlements in New Jersey in 2020 and 2021. She handles all aspects of her clients’ cases and has presented oral arguments in both state and federal courts, as well as the state appellate and supreme court. Since 2017, Christine has been honored as a New Jersey Rising Star Lawyer, an honor reserved for less than 2.5% of all attorneys in New Jersey.
Her passion for counseling clients and negotiating settlements, along with establishing personal relationships with her attorney counterparts, play large roles in obtaining favorable results for her clients.
Prior to joining Einhorn Barbarito, Christine worked for an insurance defense firm. This experience provided Christine with the ability to analyze and evaluate cases from the viewpoint of the insurance company—insight that allows Christine to identify strengths and weaknesses in her cases and develop strategies to stay one step ahead of the other side.
Christine finds reward in obtaining great results for her clients inside and outside of the courtroom. She prides herself on providing honest, accountable and straightforward counseling to her clients.
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Christine has been recognized by the following:
- Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New Jersey Rising Stars: 2017–2022
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Advisory Board for the Law and Public Safety Class at Sussex County Technical School
- Plaintiff’s verdict in a personal injury case where plaintiff was injured as the result of a motorcycle accident, 2017
- Injured After Attempting to Save a Neighbor’s Pet: The New Jersey Supreme Court Rejects Owner’s Liability under the Rescue Doctrine
- Recreational Boating Booms During the Pandemic- and So Do Boating Injuries
- Jury Trials During the Pandemic: New Jersey Supreme Court Maintains Fairness of Virtual Jury Summons Process but Directs Collection of Jury Demographic Data Going Forward
- Buckle Up: Seatbelt Use May Affect Personal Injury Recovery in a Motor Vehicle Accident
- Considering Tiger Woods’ Car Accident: Do You Know Your Own Insurance Policy Coverage?
- Let It Snow– But Keep Your Commercial Sidewalk Clear
- Hit & Run Accidents: What are Your Rights to Recovery for Personal Injury?
- Anatomy of a Personal Injury Case: 8 Steps to Expect in the Process
- What Is The Date Of Accrual When Serving A Personal Injury Notice Of Claim Against A Public Entity?
- Personal Injury And Minors: What You Need To Know About Filing A Claim When A Minor Is Injured
- Personal Injury Litigation And The Role Of Expert Testimony
- “Exceptional Circumstances” Is A High Bar To Meet When It Comes To The Tort Claims Act
- Appellate Division Orders New Trial To Ensure Juror’s Observation Did Not Affect Verdict
- Court Upholds Settlement Based Upon Apparent Authority To Resolve Matter
- Underinsured Motorist Benefits Held Not Applicable
- States Take Action To Protect Children From Forced Marriages
- NJ Supreme Court Finds That High-Low Agreement Supersedes Plaintiff’s Offer Of Judgment
- NJ Workers’ Compensation Judge Rules Respondent Cannot Oppose Payment For Medical Marijuana
- What Are The Costs, Expenses And Fees Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Pitfalls Of Selecting Insurance
Settlements & Verdicts
- $377,500 Settlement for Construction Site Accident
- $300,000 Settlement For Slip And Fall Injuries Incurred On A Wet Tile Floor In Supermarket
- $291,689 Settlement Following Failure to Stop
- $290,000 Settlement Following Trip and Fall
- $235,000 Settlement For Motor Vehicle Accident
- $140,000 Total Settlement For Motor Vehicle Accident
- $125,000 Settlement For Injuries Involved In A Supermarket
- Twenty-One Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Twenty-Three Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To The 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Einhorn Lawyers Win Precedent-Setting Case in Appellate Division
- Christine McCarthy To Present At The NJICLE’s Seminar On A Primer for Young Lawyers on Depositions
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Einhorn Barbarito Elevates Three To Counsel
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists