Cimmerian Morgan is a Partner in the Einhorn Barbarito family law department and a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. He joined the firm in 2006 after serving as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Julie M. Marino, J.S.C. in the Somerset County Superior Court. Over his 15-year career, Cimmerian has successfully litigated matrimonial cases with vast ranges of complexity. He is a compassionate listener who cares about his clients’ personal needs. His ability to empathetically understand his clients’ personal and family goals is a major reason they rely on him for advice and representation. Cimmerian provides his clients with realistic expectations for the outcome of their case and personally stays in constant communication, which fosters a synergistic attorney-client relationship and helps clients remain confident about their case strategy and direction.
Matrimonial litigation is a fluid process. The ability to adapt and reevaluate is critical, and Cimmerian’s approach to developing case strategy is more holistic than most. He derives great satisfaction from assisting his clients in resolving some of the most distinctly sensitive and important issues in their lives, such as custody of their children, alimony, child support, and equitable distribution of marital assets and liabilities.
Cimmerian has extensive experience negotiating and litigating cases involving the valuation of business interests which must be valued and potentially included within equitable distribution of marital assets. This unique and often complicated area of the law requires a skill set and familiarity with the methodology of business valuations which few matrimonial attorneys possess. He has spent many years developing a command of applicable business valuation principles and works collaboratively with forensic accountants to achieve the best possible result for his clients.
The positive relationships Cimmerian has built with other attorneys and experts help him effectively negotiate and resolve all types of challenging family law issues. In the event that a case cannot be resolved through negotiation, he can bring to bear extensive trial experience and navigate the complicated legal process to obtain a fair outcome for his clients. Cimmerian takes whichever path is necessary to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Cimmerian has been recognized in the following:
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2010 – 2013, 2015 – 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), Family Law, 2021
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- I Own A Business With Approximately 25 Employees. Although My Wife Has Never Worked In My Business Or Assisted Me In The Operation Of My Business In Any Way, She Is Claiming That If We Get Divorced, I Will Have To Pay Her For Her Interest In The Business. Is She Correct?
- For Nearly 20 Years, I Have Owned A Business Which Provides Consulting Services. Although My Business Has Been Lucrative, I Don’t Think Anyone Would Buy It Because Without Me, There Is No Business. Under These Circumstances, Would My Wife Have An Equitable Distribution Interest In My Business In The Event Of A Divorce?
- Protecting The Family Business From Your Son’s Or Daughter’s Divorce
- Does My Business Have “Goodwill” For Divorce Purposes?
- How Do You Value A Consulting Business In The Event Of Divorce?
- Will My Wife Have An Interest In My Business If We Divorce?
- Can a property settlement agreement be rescinded under certain circumstances?
- Are pre-nups worth it?
- How long does a contested divorce take?
- Will a (mis)diagnosis of depression create custody issues in my divorce?
- Are we legally separated?
- Premartial Assets: Is What’s Mine Actually Mine? Part 1 – The 401K
- 18 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2022 Best Lawyers® Lists
- 10 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® List
- Cimmerian Morgan Quoted In Law360 Article, “COVID-19 Makes For Socially Distanced NJ Bar Convention”
- Cimmerian Morgan Participating In 2020 Snow Bowl To Benefit Special Olympics New Jersey
- Cimmerian Morgan To Speak At The Rutgers Family Law Society Fall Series
- 11 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers In America 2020
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Cimmerian Morgan To Speak On “Fraudulent Transfers And Concealment Of Assets In Divorce”
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists
- Fifteen Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Einhorn Barbarito Announces Four New Partners
- Cimmerian Morgan To Speak On New Alimony Reform Legislation
- Cimmerian Morgan To Present CLE Webinar: What Family Lawyers Can Learn from Personal Tax Returns
- Einhorn Barbarito Announces Its 2013 Promotions