Matthew Coleman joined Einhorn Barbarito in its Matrimonial and Family Law department in April 2013. He focuses on a wide variety of issues including divorce, child custody, parenting time, child support and alimony. Matthew’s practice is also concentrated on the niche area of family law’s impact and interaction with both LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples.
Matthew began his career as a law clerk for the Honorable Maureen B. Mantineo, P.J.F.P – Presiding Judge for the Family Part court in Hudson County. During his tenure, he handled divorce, custody and visitation disputes, child support cases, domestic violence and other related family matters. Matthew understands that people often need the assistance of family law attorneys during highly emotional or difficult times in their lives. He has the patience and knowledge to guide clients efficiently through the court process, and the skills and experience to advocate for his clients at every stage.
Matthew is active in a variety of leadership roles in the legal community. He is a two-year term appointee to the New Jersey Supreme Court District Ethics Committee and is currently serving as a Trustee of the LGBT Rights Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Matthew has been recognized by the following:
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2016 – 2019
- New Jersey State Bar Association, LGBT Rights Section Member
- District Ethics Committee V C – West Essex
- Morris County Bar Association
- Hudson County Bar Association
- Justice Virginia Long Family Law American Inn of Court
- Lengthy Separation Of Married Partners Can Impact Alimony And Division Of Assets In Divorce
- Biology Alone Doesn’t Always Define A Parent
- A Groundbreaking Decision Regarding Common-Law Marriage
- Obergefell v. Hodges
- Alimony And Equitable Distribution In Long-Term Same-Sex Relationships
- Do Married Same-Sex Partners Need to Adopt Children Born During Their Marriage?
- Should Same Sex Couples Obtain Prenuptial Agreements Before Marriage?
- Do Same Sex Partners in a Civil Union Have to Be “Re-Married”?
- Can I Change My Kids’ Last Names?
- How Do We Dissolve A “Domestic Partnership”?
- Einhorn Barbarito Frost & Botwinick Promotes Matthew S. Coleman And Dorothy J. Kenney To Counsel In The Family/Matrimonial Department
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- The Expanding Nature of Legal Recognition of Families
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- Einhorn Barbarito Associate Matthew S. Coleman to Serve Two-Year Term on District Ethics Committee
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists
- Einhorn Barbarito Associate, Matthew Coleman, Authors Article for NJBIZ
- Einhorn Barbarito Associate, Matthew Coleman Named Trustee of the the LGBT Rights Section of the NJSBA
- Fifteen Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Einhorn Barbarito Associate, Matthew Coleman Presents on the 2016 LGBT Annual Update