System Administrator/Help Desk
We have an opening in our Denville office for a System Administrator/Help Desk to join our team. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be self-directed as well as detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will have the extraordinary opportunity to continue their professional development in a challenging, but collegial, environment.
Applicants should be comfortable interfacing with clients (attorneys and staff) at all levels. This role will involve significant project management and require seeing implementation through from beginning to end.
The selected individual’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems and planning for and rapidly responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects.
• User administration and support (setup and maintaining accounts) including upgrades, PCs, printers and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
o system and monitor performance
o backup and recovery policy
o hardware or schedule repair as needed
o remote data center environmental and monitoring equipment
o operational, configuration, or other procedures
• Install software
• Monitor network communication
• Update system as soon as new version of OS and application software comes out
• Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network, including security policies for users. Candidate must have a strong grasp of computer security (e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems)
• Password and identity management
• Problem solving. When a workstation or server goes down, the sysadmin is called to solve the problem—quickly and correctly diagnose the problem.
• Identifying departmental needs and making suggestions regarding technical direction.
• SA Engineering and Provisioning
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• 2+ years working in a law firm
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years network administration, PC support and maintenance (Microsoft)
• Experience with Document Management Systems (Worldox)
• Knowledge of the behavior and interactions of software in order to deploy it and to troubleshoot problems, and generally should be good at several programming languages used for scripting or automation of routine tasks such as shell, awk, perl, python etc.
• Experience working with computer hardware for installations and upgrades as well as software installation and upgrading.
• Proficiency in Windows operating environments including Windows 2019 servers and Windows 10 workstation systems
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 and proficiency in all programs in the Office Suite
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To ApplyTo be considered, please send a resume along with a cover letter to:
Einhorn, Barbarito, Frost & Botwinick, PC
165 East Main Street
Denville, NJ 07834