Throughout her career, Kristi L. Terranova has focused on matrimonial and family law. She has both trial court and appellate experience representing clients in a broad range of issues including, but not limited to all issues related to matrimonial litigation, relocation, spousal and child support, college contribution, domestic violence issues, emancipation, grandparent’s rights, pre and post-nuptial agreements, asset valuation and protection and post-judgment modifications to custody and support. She is well versed in all aspects of the sector and stays current with the latest trends and developments. Kristi translates knowledge into insights and strategies tailored to the specific case and needs of her clients. Given the often painful and grueling aspects of many family law cases, Kristi is privileged to assist clients through a difficult time in their lives and to assist them in beginning a new chapter in the most efficient, fair and just manner possible.
Kristi has several leadership roles within the New Jersey legal community. She was appointed to the District Fee Arbitration Committee of the Office of Attorney Ethics for the Supreme Court of New Jersey. She is an Associate Editor for the New Jersey Family Lawyer Magazine. Kristi extends the commitment she gives her clients to others in the community. She has co-chaired through Partners for Women and Justice the “Break the Cycle” event at Soul Cycle, which raises awareness and funds for the prevention of and assistance for victims of domestic violence.
Honors & Accolades
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2021
- Appointee, District Fee Arbitration Committee of the Office of Attorney Ethics for the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Panelist, Early Settlement Panel (ESP) in Passaic and Morris Counties
- Member, BNI Business Exchange
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Passaic County Bar Association
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers’ Association
- Member, Junior Advisory Board and Pro Bono Attorney for Partners for Women and Justice Member
- Member, Boonton Area, and Morris County MOMS Club
- Co-chair, Partners for Women and Justice, Break the Cycle event held at Soul Cycle in Short Hills, New Jersey, 2014-2015