Just as clients turn to Jason Rittie to represent their interests in a wide range of complex commercial and residential real estate transactions and related matters, others engage him for representation in equally complicated closely-held business affairs. In both of these areas, Jason’s experience is wide ranging and his knowledge of the law – including the latest developments – enables him to comprehend and adapt to many different industries and legal matters. A large percentage of his work is transactional with very high stakes. He excels at creating deals that stay intact and move quickly and successfully through completion and closing. Jason brings creativity and intellect to each case. With a deep, personal commitment to advocating for his clients’ best interests. Jason works closely with his clients to understand their unique goals and objectives to develop creative deals and solutions for various transactions and situations.
Jason represents a broad sector of clients, including borrowers, private lenders plus commercial and personal banks. He appears before planning and zoning boards throughout New Jersey, also representing property owners and developers in all aspects of land use and zoning matters. He is highly regarded for his professionalism before these boards and for his competent representation of applicants pertaining to site plans, subdivisions and variances for virtually any type of property. As for real estate-related litigation, he is experienced in handling landlord/tenant evictions, breach of contract, partition actions, construction agreements, title disputes, and zoning litigation. His relationships with individuals across all of these sectors and issues enable him to expedite matters efficiently and effectively for his clients.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Jason has been recognized by the following:
- Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New Jersey Super Lawyers: 2018–2023
- New Jersey Rising Stars: 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law, 2016 – 2024
- “Lawyer of the Year,” in Metro Newark, The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Land Use and Zoning Law, 2023
- “Lawyer of the Year,” in Metro Newark, The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, 2018
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Sussex County Bar Association
- Morris County and Sussex County Chambers of Commerce
- Member, Catholic Bar Association
- Member, METRO – Metropolitan Builder’s & Contractors Association of New Jersey
- Former Member, Township of Green Planning Board
- Former Member, Heritage Community Bank Business Development Advisory Board
- Officer, Knights of Columbus Council #7784,
- Fourth Degree Sir Knight in Assembly #2716
- Planning Board Member for the Township of Green
- Member for the Heritage Community Bank Business Development Advisory Board
- Fellow, Advocati Christi
- MARS Chocolate North America, Simon Property Group (t/a Rockaway Townsquare Mall), Urban Edge, Washington Prime Group, DeCamp Bus Lines, Raymour & Flanigan Furniture, Sears, Roebuck & Co., Chipotle Mexican Grill, Red Robin International Inc., T.G.I.Friday’s (Parsippany), Family Christian Stores, Tilton Automotive, L.L.C. (t/a Gearhart Chevrolet), K.B.C. Properties LLC (Kuiken Brothers Lumber), AMC Movie Theatres (Rockaway), FEDEX Kinkos, ULTA Salon Cosmetics and Fragrance, Inc., Sally Beauty Company Inc., Snip-Its, T-Mobile, Carter’s Childrenwear, Too Inc. (Justice), Pier 1 Imports, Five Below, Jules Inc. (t/a McDonald’s), KDC Solar NJMG, LLC, Surgery Center of Northwest Jersey LLC, Provident Bank, Lakeland Bank, and Heritage Community Bank (now known as First Bank).
- Understanding New Jersey’s Process For Obtaining Land Use And Zoning Variances
- Understanding Rights to Shared Driveways and Paving the Way for Conflict Resolution
- 5 Steps Every New Business Owner Should Take When Renting a Storefront
- BUSINESS ALERT NO. 2: Coronavirus – Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in Contracts
- New Jersey’s Municipal Zoning and Planning Boards and The Status of Public Hearings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- BUSINESS ALERT: Coronavirus And Its Potential Impact On Contractual Agreements
- Caveat Emptor: “Let The Buyer Beware” – Due Diligence In Commercial Real Estate Purchases
- Why The “Rain Tax” Is A Bad Idea For New Jersey Property Owners
- Real Estate Tax Appeals – A Strategy For Cost Reduction
- How To Buy A Home
- Buying A Business? Conduct Due Diligence
- Tenants’ Survival Guide In A Depressed Market
- Can A Home Inspector Be Sued For Negligence?
- My Business License Was Denied Due To Zoning Issues. What Do I Do?
- Should I Create A New LLC Or Create A New Name For Another Part Of My Company?
- Tattoo Artists: Independent Contractors Or Employees?
- How Do I Dissolve A Business I Have With Two “Friends”?
- Can I put my rent into escrow until landlord completes work?
- Tips for Successfully Starting and Running a Small Business
- Important News for LLCs (Limited Liability Companies)
- Opening a Tattoo Shop 101 – What You Need to Know to Save Your “Skin”
- New Jersey Landlord/Tenant Seminar Slides
- I Am Planning On Buying My First House. What Should I Know?
- Can I Get My Property Taxes Lowered?
- Put It In “Ink” – Use Non-Disparagement Agreements To Prevent “Trash-Talking”
- NJ Looking For Ways To Encourage Economic Recovery: The State Of New Jersey Permit Extension Act
- Hurricane Irene Damage To Business? Both The Tenant And Landlord Should Look To The Lease
- In New Jersey A Realtor’s Reliance on Seller’s Statements May Lead To Liability
- Opening A Tattoo Shop 101 – What You Need To Know To Save Your “Skin”
- American Recovery And Reinvestment Act Of 2009: Large Impact On Small Business
- Congress Brings Down The Hammer On Vacation Home Sales
- Real Estate Tax Appeals—A Strategy for Cost Reduction
- Sparta Independent Highlights Growth of Einhorn Barbarito in Sussex County with Lauren Fraser and in Morris County with Tiffany Heineman
- 23 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2024 Best Lawyers® Lists
- Law360 Features an Interview with Jason Rittie on his Leadership of the Firm’s New Sussex County Office
- Nationally Recognized Trial Attorney Joins Einhorn, Barbarito, Frost & Botwinick, PC, in the Firm’s Sussex County Office Expansion
- Twenty-Six Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Renovating Your Home or Business? Jason Rittie Discusses New Jersey’s Land Use and Zoning Approvals in Morris County Living
- 16 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2023 Best Lawyers® Lists
- Jason Rittie Earns Green Light for Denville
- Jason Rittie Paves the Way for New Parsippany-Troy Hills Retail Restaurant
- Jason Rittie Moves Morris Catholic High School Expansion Forward
- Jason Rittie Earns Preliminary and Final Site Plan and Variance Approvals from Township of Mount Olive Planning Board
- Jason Rittie Earns Variance Approvals from Borough of Rockaway Land Use Board
- Twenty-One Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Jason Rittie Quoted in Leverage.com Article, “How a Conditional Use Permit Can Bypass Certain Zoning Laws”
- 18 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2022 Best Lawyers® Lists
- Twenty-Three Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To The 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 10 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® List
- Timothy Ford And Jason Rittie Quoted In Law360 Article, “NJ’s Judicial Vacancies To Collide With COVID-19 Crisis”
- Jason R. Rittie To Participate In Metro Builders Virtual Crisis Education Webinar w/ Q&A: Land Use & Zoning
- Jason R. Rittie to Present On Land Use & Zoning at Triple Play Realtor Convention & Trade Expo
- Jason Rittie Quoted in Pennsylvania Association Of Realtors® Article, “Protecting Yourself From Liabilities As A Realtor®”
- 11 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers In America 2020
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Jason Rittie Featured in the New Jersey Herald – People in Business
- Nine Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 Edition Of The Best Lawyers In America©
- Can New Jersey’s Dying Malls Be Saved?
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Secures Zoning Board Approval for Tractor Supply Company
- Seven Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers In America© 2018
- Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers In America© 2017
- Einhorn Barbarito Congratulates Jason Rittie on his Appointment to the District XB Ethics Committee
- Theodore E.B. Einhorn and Jason R. Rittie Selected As 2013 Top Rated Lawyers in Land Use and Zoning Law
- Einhorn Barbarito Announces Its 2013 Promotions
- The Law Firm of Einhorn Barbarito Participating in Annual NJ Paralegal Convention
- Einhorn Barbarito Attorney, Jason Rittie, to present seminar on Landlord – Tenant Law
- Two Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys To Give A Complimentary Seminar On Legal Issues Affecting Artists