Dorothy Kenney joined Einhorn Barbarito in 2013, devoting her practice exclusively to family and matrimonial law. Dorothy represents both men and women in all aspects of family related issues. She has experience handling and litigating a variety of matters including all aspects of divorce, unique complex custody issues, child support, alimony, property division, adoption, and domestic violence matters. Dorothy takes a personalized approach to understanding the unique needs of every client to navigate the legal aspect and personal challenges of family court litigation to bring about the best possible resolution for each client.
Dorothy previously served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Tonianne J. Bongiovanni, United States District Magistrate Judge, District of New Jersey and also served as law clerk to the Honorable Ernest M. Caposela, Presiding Judge Family Part, Passaic County.
Dorothy also serves as a Trustee for the Morris County Bar Association.
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Dorothy has been recognized by the following:
- “Ones to Watch,” The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), 2021
- Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New Jersey Rising Stars: 2017–2022
- Trustee, Morris County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
- Member, Barry I. Croland Family Inn of Court
- Twenty-One Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 18 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Included in 2022 Best Lawyers® Lists
- Twenty-Three Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To The 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Dorothy J. Kenney To Be Honored As Trustee Of The Morris County Bar Association
- 5 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Einhorn Barbarito Frost & Botwinick Promotes Matthew S. Coleman And Dorothy J. Kenney To Counsel In The Family/Matrimonial Department
- Twenty Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- 20 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists