Host Pat Barbarito is convinced that the secret to healthy relationships is rooted in scientific research and credits our good friend Dr. Duana Welch with showing her empirical evidence that explains – and can often predict – the behaviors of humans seeking lasting connection. In this ‘best of’ retrospective, we highlight some of Dr. Welch’s research and recommendations featured in our trilogy of episodes and invite you to:
- Dispel the popular dating myths that plague modern society but actually set people up for a lifetime of broken hearts;
- Get comfortable with the discomfort of online dating and find the fun in the journey;
- Increase the odds of correctly identifying your significant other among all the unsuitable matches;
- Embrace the two must-haves that guarantee a successful relationship;
- Learn how the most captivating online profiles are created and which photos make them even more memorable;
- Understand how and when to take an online interaction into the real world;
- Examine the four attachment styles that rule all human connection – familial, platonic, romantic; and so much more.
Miss an episode from this trilogy? Find the full-length conversations by visiting the links below!
About Heartbreak & Hope
Co-managing partner and divorce lawyer Pat Barbarito thought she knew all about complex relationships and the laws that govern them – until her own marriage of 17 years ended and she determined to get to the heart of love, marriage, and human connection. Her journey spanned the entire scope of relationships – from the science of attraction to the financial impact of separation, to old myths that society still touts as true to new laws that outline how to navigate both uniting and uncoupling.
Heartbreak & Hope with Pat Barbarito offers insights, anecdotes, and guidance from a variety of experts and includes her own perspective on how best to thrive through any stage of relationship building.