Finding Love Online at Any Age with Dr. Duana WelchMarch 30, 2022 | by Patricia M. Barbarito
Contemplating online dating, but not sure how to begin? Tried a few sites and found the whole process unnatural or unnerving? Feeling embarrassed about using dating apps to find a partner? Host Pat Barbarito encourages listeners to banish such unhelpful mindsets and invites recurring featured guest Dr. Duana Welch to reveal the science-backed secrets of successfully finding love online.
- How to mentally prepare yourself for online dating, including clarifying your own goals and profiling your perfect partner;
- Exactly what types of pictures your profile should include, how many to upload and in what order, and why picture perfect could backfire;
- Why Dr. Welch recommends against describing yourself in your online profile, and what she views as the best method to create the most compelling and truly personal ad;
- How to evaluate responses, manage appropriate conversational volleys, and, ultimately, take the talk offline;
- A few respectfully worded ‘scripts’ to help you effectively reject mismatched suitors;
- “High status” strategies to avoid becoming pen pals with charming but non-committal candidates;
- The Sex Talk – the right time for physical intimacy, why the ‘too soon’ conundrum is biochemically driven, and so much more.
BONUS: Stay tuned to the very end, where Pat offers insight into a few legal consequences all relationships should consider.
READING MATERIAL: Love Factually, 10 Steps From I Wish to I Do
Dr. Welch is a relationship coach and is known for using social science to solve real-life relationship issues. She has served as a professor at universities in Florida, California, and Texas across 20 years, and has contributed to NPR, PBS, Psychology Today, and numerous other outlets, podcasts and videos. To learn more about Dr. Welch, please click here.
About Heartbreak & Hope
Co-managing partner and divorce lawyer Pat Barbarito thought she knew all about complex relationships and the laws that govern them – until her own marriage of 17 years ended and she determined to get to the heart of love, marriage, and human connection. Her journey spanned the entire scope of relationships – from the science of attraction to the financial impact of separation, to old myths that society still touts as true to new laws that outline how to navigate both uniting and uncoupling.
Heartbreak & Hope with Pat Barbarito offers insights, anecdotes, and guidance from a variety of experts and includes her own perspective on how best to thrive through any stage of relationship building.