Host Pat Barbarito reflects on the first season of Heartbreak & Hope and offers insight into what she learned from her conversation with each guest. From eradicating the shame of divorce or the taboo of talking about money to embracing science and technology to improve the longevity of relationships, Pat reveals just how valuable open communication can be in helping everyone feel less alone – and more hopeful – while on their healing journey.
- How Pat now defines the ultimate relationship;
- Why Pat believes that preparing a ‘partnership roadmap’ puts self-respect at the center of any romance without taking away from the magic;
- Pat’s admission that the “money talk” can be more difficult and more intimate than the “sex talk”, but avoiding financial disaster is worth the discomfort; and
- How embracing a strategic approach to dating apps has made online dating less intimidating and more enjoyable for Pat (and so many others!).
Season One episodes include:
- Three Divorces & A Funeral with Carol Martin
- The Science of Love with Dr. Duana Welch
- Money, Marriage & Mortality with Gary Botwinick
- Finding Love Online At Any Age with Dr. Duana Welch
- The Gray Divorce with Neale Godfrey
- A View from the Bench with Judge Michael Casale & Judge Marie Lihotz
About Heartbreak & Hope
Co-managing partner and divorce lawyer Pat Barbarito thought she knew all about complex relationships and the laws that govern them – until her own marriage of 17 years ended and she determined to get to the heart of love, marriage, and human connection. Her journey spanned the entire scope of relationships – from the science of attraction to the financial impact of separation, to old myths that society still touts as true to new laws that outline how to navigate both uniting and uncoupling.
Heartbreak & Hope with Pat Barbarito offers insights, anecdotes, and guidance from a variety of experts and includes her own perspective on how best to thrive through any stage of relationship building.