Business leaders are now giving employee well-being the quality of attention usually reserved for profit margins and revenue generation – which is spurring on even greater, positive change in the modern workplace. But is it possible for an individual to take charge of his/her own happiness at work? And, if so, where does one begin? Host Pat Barbarito, who knows a thing or two about navigating the challenging path to partnership and law firm ownership while raising a family and serving her community, welcomes Dr. Traci Cipriano to answer these questions and more.
Using the guiding principles of workplace well-being outlined in Traci’s book, The Thriving Lawyer, the duo explores:
- The honeycomb of well-being;
- WHY we should care about well-being in the workplace;
- The importance of EQ (emotional intelligence), vulnerability, and sharing in relationship building;
- How the very training that makes a great lawyer can be a detriment to his/her ability to self-reflect and connect;
- The economic consequences for a workplace that prioritizes a culture of well-being;
- The dark side of ignoring personal well-being, including financial stress, burnout, suicide, and substance abuse;
- Solutions that enable a lawyer to continue practicing AND have deep personal connections, strong social support, along with authentic meaning and purpose;
- The complexity of a multi-generational workplace and working with each generation’s attitude toward well-being;
- Technology’s role in workplace well-being – friend or foe? – and so much more!
Not a lawyer? Don’t worry! You’ll still find Pat’s personal anecdotes, as well as Dr. Cipriano’s recommendations, to be useful in your own pursuit of personal well-being.
About Heartbreak & Hope
Co-managing partner and divorce lawyer Pat Barbarito thought she knew all about complex relationships and the laws that govern them – until her own marriage of 17 years ended and she determined to get to the heart of love, marriage, and human connection. Her journey spanned the entire scope of relationships – from the science of attraction to the financial impact of separation, to old myths that society still touts as true to new laws that outline how to navigate both uniting and uncoupling.
Heartbreak & Hope with Pat Barbarito offers insights, anecdotes, and guidance from a variety of experts and includes her own perspective on how best to thrive through any stage of relationship building.