Later Life Love Stories with Tony Tambasco & Anne StewartAugust 17, 2022 | by Patricia M. Barbarito
“What is it that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” These words from poet Mary Oliver are particularly meaningful to featured guests Tony Tambasco and Anne Stewart, a couple whose unconventional love story is equally rooted in the romantic and the practical. They reveal to host Pat Barbarito how their life experience, including losing their first spouses to debilitating diseases, changed their perspective on love, partnerships, and taking chances at any age.
Conversation highlights include:
- The value of reconnecting with your younger self as you age, and how that can impact your openness to receiving and sharing love;
- What dating looks like in your 70s and beyond;
- Why marriage is still a perfectly acceptable – but not the only – option for older adults;
- What to consider – family, money, living arrangements, religion, etc. – before marrying in your later years;
- Helpful suggestions on how best to navigate interfaith relationships; and so much more.
BONUS: Tony and Anne discuss the challenge of joining an independent living facility without losing touch with the world outside and offer a glimpse into their future globetrotting adventures!
About Heartbreak & Hope
Co-managing partner and divorce lawyer Pat Barbarito thought she knew all about complex relationships and the laws that govern them – until her own marriage of 17 years ended and she determined to get to the heart of love, marriage, and human connection. Her journey spanned the entire scope of relationships – from the science of attraction to the financial impact of separation, to old myths that society still touts as true to new laws that outline how to navigate both uniting and uncoupling.
Heartbreak & Hope with Pat Barbarito offers insights, anecdotes, and guidance from a variety of experts and includes her own perspective on how best to thrive through any stage of relationship building.