Facing Fertility Challenges with Dr. Matthew IammatteoJune 22, 2022 | by Patricia M. Barbarito
Host Pat Barbarito invites her own OBGYN – Dr. Matthew Iammatteo – to talk about the many paths to parenthood that modern medicine has made possible for women approaching or over the age of 40.
From the physical realities to emotional hurdles, “old eggs” and new mindsets, this conversation explores:
- The importance of a compassionate partnership between a woman pursuing pregnancy and her OBGYN;
- How family (including other children), friends, and faith can impact this arduous journey;
- The hallmarks of a successful surrogacy;
- How IVF has evolved from general guesswork to scientific certainty;
- What is involved in the evaluation of a patient considering IVF;
- The difference between genetic and congenital abnormalities and how age impacts the likelihood of either occurring;
- Why women should consider “freezing” their eggs at an early age and what that process entails;
- The dark side of pursuing pregnancy at a later age, and more.
BONUS: Learn how Dr. Iammatteo answers the question: How old is too old to have a baby?
Dr. Matthew Iammatteo is an active member of both the Board of Directors for Life Line Medical Associates, LLC, a highly reputable organization consisting of 100 OB/GYN’s throughout the state of New Jersey, and the Advisory Board of Morristown Memorial Hospital. Dr. Iammatteo also serves as the Chairman of the Care Review Committee of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Morristown Medical Center, a position he has held for over ten years. For eight consecutive years, Dr. Iammatteo has been awarded “Top Doc” by NJ Monthly Magazine, a sought-after honor among physicians awarded by distinguished colleagues in the medical profession. To learn more about Dr. Iammatteo, please click here.
About Heartbreak & Hope
Co-managing partner and divorce lawyer Pat Barbarito thought she knew all about complex relationships and the laws that govern them – until her own marriage of 17 years ended and she determined to get to the heart of love, marriage, and human connection. Her journey spanned the entire scope of relationships – from the science of attraction to the financial impact of separation, to old myths that society still touts as true to new laws that outline how to navigate both uniting and uncoupling.
Heartbreak & Hope with Pat Barbarito offers insights, anecdotes, and guidance from a variety of experts and includes her own perspective on how best to thrive through any stage of relationship building.