Skip to Content


Jennifer Fortunato Responds To Query, “My Ex Won’t Pay Our College Kid’s Housing Costs”

July 12, 2018

Q. My ex-husband has to pay half the college expenses for our two kids. One of the kids is moving from the dorm to an apartment, and he refuses to pay half the rent when before he was paying half the dorm costs. What can I do?  –Tired of fighting

A. You may have to go back to court.

It appears from your question that housing is an agreed upon or court-ordered college expense between you and your ex-husband.

If your ex-husband is required to pay his 50 percent share of your children’s housing costs, you can file an application with the court to enforce your property settlement agreement or your court order, said Jennifer Fortunato, a family law attorney with Einhorn Barbarito in Denville.

Read the NJMoneyHelp.Com article he7re in it’s entirety.

Contact us to schedule a consultation or
call now to speak with an attorney 973-627-7300

Best Law Firms 2022
Best Law Firms 2020
Super Lawyers
Leading Age