With nearly 20 years of experience, partner Jhanice V. Domingo focuses her practice on family law and litigation. A tenacious advocate for her clients, Jhanice handles complex, high-conflict family law cases as well as alternative dispute resolution of simpler family law matters. Clients trust her for her zealous representation in court, her adept negotiating skills out of court, and her astute ability to help parties resolve their cases through mediation. Due to her own cultural background, Jhanice brings an added level of competence to family law matters within the Asian Pacific American community. In 2019 and 2020 she was named to the list of Best Lawyers in America in Family Law.
Jhanice frequently handles high-asset divorce matters requiring complicated business valuations, complex analysis of executive compensations, and financial forensic evaluations. As such, she is often engaged by physicians, attorneys, high level business executives, self-employed business owners and other professionals or their spouses in highly contested disputes for her strategic analysis, legal acumen and attention to detail.
As a former Somerset County Assistant Prosecutor, Jhanice is no stranger to the courtroom. As a prosecutor, she handled domestic violence and juvenile cases and prosecuted contempt of final restraining orders. As an experienced family law litigator, she has significant experience trying family law matters before various family law judges around the state. She is also a trained and Court approved family law mediator and handles both Court-appointed and private mediation. She also serves as a panelist for the Morris County Early Settlement Panel Program and as an Economic Mediator for Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris and Somerset Counties.
Jhanice is very active in the organizations that serve the diverse communities in New Jersey. Born in Manila, Philippines, she has been a New Jersey native since moving to the United States at the age of nine. She is fluent in Tagalog and is a well-known leader in the Asian Pacific American community. She appreciates the many cultural distinctions particularly inherent to life changing situations such as divorce, and as such volunteers her time and service to several cultural associations.
She has been recognized by organizations for her professional achievements, including the Diverse Attorney of the Year Award and Professional Lawyer of the Year Award in 2017. She is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney and was selected for inclusion into the 2013 edition of the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. She is also one of 100 early to mid-career minority attorneys to be selected in the Lawyers of Color Inaugural Eastern Region 2013 Hot List.
Beyond her day-to-day commitments to the firm and her clients, Jhanice is involved in the legal community and the organizations serving Asian Pacific Americans. She is on the Advisory Board of the National Filipino American Lawyers Association (NFALA) and is the chair of NFALA’s Judicial and Executive Nominations and Appointments Committee. She is the Vice President of the Legal Section of the Philippine American Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the Korean American Family Service Center, which appointed her as legal counsel of its pro bono legal clinic in Bergen County where she provides legal consultation for various family law matters including domestic violence.
Jhanice is a Past President of the National Filipino American Lawyers Association and a Past President of the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey (APALA-NJ) — the largest specialty bar association in New Jersey which collectively represents the interests of Asian Pacific American (APA) attorneys in the state. Jhanice is currently the Chair of APALA-NJ’s Judicial & Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (JPAC) and works closely with New Jersey’s elected officials to identify highly qualified minority candidates for nomination and appointment to the New Jersey State Judiciary. Her Commentary, “Seeking Greater Diversity in the Bench and Bar” was published by the New Jersey Lawyer Magazine. She has served on the New Jersey State Bar Association’s (NJSBA) Diversity Committee.
Jhanice is more than a decade-long resident of Somerset County and has served her community as a member of the Board of Directors of the Somerset County Community Action Program.
- Certified Court Approved Family Law Mediator
To the extent this is considered an advertisement, “No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.” Click here to view recognition methodology.
Honors & Accolades
Jhanice has been recognized by the the following:
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), 2019 – 2021
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2010, 2012 – 2013, and 2015 – 2017
- “Top 100 Lawyers of Color,” Inaugural Eastern Region Hot List, 2013
- “Diverse Attorney of the Year,” New Jersey Law Journal, 2017
- “New Leader of the Bar”, New Jersey Law Journal, 2017
- “Professional Lawyer of the Year,” New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law, 2017
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, 2011 – Present
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Non-Dissolution/Domestic Violence Sub-Committee, 2011 – Present
- Chair, APALA-NJ Judicial & Prosecutorial Appointments Committee, 2012 – Present
- President, Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey, 2014 – 2015
- President, National Filipino American Lawyers Association, 2016 – 2017
- Chair, NFALA Judicial & Executive Nominations Appointments Committee, 2017 – Present
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Member, Morris County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Vice President, Philippine American Chamber of Commerce Legal Section, 2014 – Present
- Member, Korean American Family Service Center Benefit Committee, 2014 – 2018
- Board of Directors, Somerset Community Action Program, 2016 – 2018
- Legal Counsel of the Korean American Family Service Center (KAFSC), Bergen County, 2019 – Present
- Q&A: Practical Tips For Divorced Co-Parents
- Domestic Violence Temporary Restraining Order As A Shield And Sword During COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Do I Resolve My Family Crisis Amid The Coronavirus Public Health Crisis?
- Importance Of Cultural Competence In Divorce
- Do I Have To Pay For My “Soon-To-Be” Ex-Wife’s Credit Card Debt?
- Should new (divorce) attorney negotiate a settlement without seeing old documents?
- My Wife Cheated. Do I Have To Pay Alimony?
- Jhanice V. Domingo To Speak At The NJSBA Minorities In the Profession Section Webinar, “Pathways To The Bench”
- 10 Einhorn Barbarito Lawyers Named to 2021 Best Lawyers® List
- Jhanice Domingo and Matthew Rheingold To Participate In A Certified Financial Services Webinar
- Jhanice Domingo Quoted In NJ 101.5 Article, “NJ Lawyers Take On COVID-19 Vs. Child Custody Arrangements”
- 11 Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers In America 2020
- Jhanice V. Domingo Appointed To National Filipino American Lawyers Association Advisory Board
- Jhanice V. Domingo Named Legal Counsel Of The Korean American Family Service Center’s New Bergen County Location
- Jhanice Domingo To Present For The NJ Women Lawyers Association And Minority Student Program Of Rutgers Law School
- Nine Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2019 Edition Of The Best Lawyers In America©
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Speaks at Community Event
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Named to New Jersey Law Journal Diverse Attorneys of the Year List
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Heads National Filipino American Lawyers Association Leadership Summit
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Jhanice Domingo Speaks at Asian Pacific Heritage Month Event
- 19 Attorneys Selected To The New Jersey Super Lawyers And New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Urges the Repeal of a Law Allowing American Children to Marry as Young as 12 Years Old
- Einhorn Barbarito Partner Jhanice V. Domingo Joins Somerset Community Action Program Board of Directors
- Fifteen Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Named To 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars List
- Einhorn Barbarito Announces Four New Partners
- Einhorn Barbarito Attorney Jhanice V. Domingo Elected President-Elect of National Filipino American Lawyers Association (NFALA)
- Jhanice Domingo to be Sworn in as President of the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey
- Jhanice Domingo Named 2013 New Leader of the Bar by New Jersey Law Journal
- Jhanice Domingo Appointed to NJSBA Diversity Committee
- Seven Einhorn Barbarito Attorneys Selected For Inclusion Into The 2013 Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register Of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
- Jhanice Domingo Named to Lawyers of Color’s 2013 Hot List Honoring Minority Attorneys in the Eastern Region
- Jhanice Domingo To Present At Swearing-In Ceremony Of First Philippine-Born New Jersey Superior Court Judge
- Jhanice V. Domingo, Esq. Elected as Treasurer of the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey