Gary R. Botwinick To Speak At New York State Society of CPAs “Trust And Estate/Family Office Conference Webcast Part 1”November 23, 2020
On December 8, 2020, Gary R. Botwinick, will be presenting at the New York State Society of CPAs “Trust and Estate/Family Office Conference Webcast Part 1.” Gary will be presenting a seminar titled, “Till Death Do Us Part, Unless I Need To Sue Your Estate,” including panelist Gretchen Beall Schumann, Esq. The seminar will discuss:
- Divorce settlement agreements which incorporate life insurance obligations to backstop support in the event of the death of a former spouse.
- How trust and estate attorneys should deal with these obligations.
- Should family law attorneys put more thought into these provisions?
- What are the income tax consequences of transferring policies, paying premiums or receiving a death benefit?
- What are the estate tax consequences of receiving a death benefit at the death of the insured?
- What happens when it all blows up and the obligor spouse dies without complying with the obligation?
The webcast includes 3 separate CPE courses where you can earn up to 4 credits.