Certified civil trial attorney Sarabraj “Sarab” S. Thapar joined Einhorn, Barbarito, Frost & Botwinick, PC as Counsel in 2020 in the Accidents/Personal Injury Practice. He is uniquely positioned to counsel personal injury clients as he has worked on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury matters, is a keen negotiator and has a track record of successful jury verdicts.
On behalf of plaintiffs, Sarab handles personal and commercial cases related to auto, motorcycle and trucking accidents, as well as bus and train accidents. He also represents individuals who were injured in slip and fall incidents on both public and private premises, as well as dog bite cases. Sarab has advocated several matters on behalf of victims who were injured as a result of drunk drivers, and a variety of injuries to children. He has also handled various consumer fraud actions.
He has negotiated and settled over a million dollars’ worth of cases, participated in numerous bench trials, and has over 90% success rate with his jury trials. Recently, Sarab was able to obtain a jury award over 10x the final offer made by the insurance company.
Sarab’s prior experience includes the representation of insurance companies in the defense of motor vehicle accidents and slip and fall injuries, which has given him in-depth knowledge and insight of the insurance company weaknesses. While working for the defense, he received the Bravo Award from Liberty Mutual for his outstanding trial work in 2015 and 2016.
During law school, Sarab interned for the Hon. Donald J. Venezia, J.S.C. where he handled criminal matters.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, Civil Trial Attorney
Honors & Accolades
- “Top 10 Attorneys Under 40,” National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2019
- “New Jersey Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2019 & 2020
- “Excellence in Civil Litigation,” Lawyers of Distinction, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- “Bravo Award for Outstanding Trial Work,” Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, 2015 & 2016
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Ethics Committee – District VII
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Member, Hudson County Bar Association
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
- Member, Sikh American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Punjabi Chamber of Commerce
- Speaks fluent Hindi
- Mock trial coach for West Orange High School since 2012
- Sarab Thapar To Speak At NJICLE Webcast, “Elements, Strategies and Recent Developments Concerning Liquor Liability/Social Host Cases”
- Sarabraj S. Thapar To Speak At NJAJ Meadowlands Seminar, “Finding The Pressure Points”
- Sarabraj S. Thapar, Esq. Joins Einhorn Barbarito Frost & Botwinick as Counsel in Accidents/Personal Injury Practice